I have just purchased Reference 4 license after some weeks of experimentation. I'm impressed with its capabilities. For now, I'd like to report some interface problems and room for improvements:
1) Systemwide sliders (Dry/Wet, Gain, Bass Boost and Tilt) should work also with finger sliding on touch screens. As for touch inputs, sliders are currently operational only through single touching, what is very imprecise.
2) SW VST plugin does not respond to user's first touch input. The user have to touch twice on the first desired command to have an effective input. This occurs also after playing with sliders and many on/off buttons. Strangely, finger sliding DOES WORK on VST plugin, what does not occur on Systemwide. Also, it would better if VST plugin interface behavior imitates the Systemwide interface on other points like Listening Spot on/off condition without having to open its menu, toggling on/off Predefined Target Curves do not open automatically its menu, Dry/wet through slider rather than dial, raise to limit of profiles on drop-down menu from 3 to 5 (or even more) last opened profiles.
3) As for profile drop-down menu, it would be better to show only headphone or speaker profiles, according to the selected headphone/speaker button.
4) Being the gain slider topped to the maximum safe headroom level, this level should be automatically topped after changing profile, what does currently occurs only when changing to a profile with a lower safe level. Also, disabling Sonarworks SR through on/off button should turn off Safe Headroom. Currently, if the user intends to raise gain to 0db for a SR-off condition, he/she has to remember to turn Safe Headroom button off before turning SR off. Turning SR back on should also turn Safe Headroom back on, for the sake of non momentarily clipping.
5) I think the SR and Safe Headroom on/off conditions, selected profile and Output Gain should be automatically set to its last state for a given audio interface, so the user should not always incur in changing those SR parameters for particular and stable settings of, would say, internal speaker, headphone and external interface.
6) Finally, it would be nice if there would be no audible transient noise (being it filtered through a quick fading out/in transition) when changing calibration profile, output gain, predefined target curves, bass boost/tilt and any other parameter or slider that causes subtle audio changing.
7) A label for the Systemwide position on taskbar (Windows) would be nice. It's currently blank when taskbar labels are not hidden.