With multichannel ASIO support for Systemwide that presents itself like another ASIO driver to a DAW like Reapers ReaASIO it would be possible to use Refernce as a full monitor control and calibration system in a tiered product range with upgrade options.
- Full surround input support ie multichannel ASIO input from DAW. Multichannel ASIO output to sound interface.
- Bass management. An internal variable crossover for 2.1 mixing
- Room Optimization first. Within Measure, before we start messing with the signal use the software to get optimum monitor placement and angle, sub position, distance apart, sweet spot, acoustic treatment suggestions. Establish bass management crossover point
- Monitor switching, using the sound interface multi outs and implement relevant correction curve for each monitor out. Switchable via OSC and MIDI.
- Mono calibration, control and switching for centre and sub speakers.
- Run it all on a miniDSP once calibrated with multi digital ins and outs
- Phase calibration and control for sub speaker
- Separate outs for bi-amping with crossover and phase control