To uninstall the Reference 4 Systemwide app, first quit the app as shown in the screesnhot below. Then proceed to drag the files/applications to Trash.
If you wish to uninstall all Sonarworks software, you can do it by dragging files/applications to the Trash icon in Dock. Alternatively, select the file and use the keyboard shortcut Cmd+Delete. You'll find Sonarworks in these locations if you wish to delete the files manually:
- /Macintosh HD/Applications/Reference 4 Systemwide
- /Macintosh HD/Applications/Reference 4 Measure
- /Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Sonarworks Reference 4 plugin.component
- /Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/Sonarworks Reference 4 plugin.aaxplugin
- /Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Sonarworks Reference 4 plugin.vst
Calibration profiles, settings and log files, and other data
- /Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Library/Sonarworks/Reference 4/Sonarworks Projects
- /Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Library/Sonarworks
Note that the Users > Library folder on Mac is a hidden directory by default. To show hidden files and folders in Finder, follow these instructions:
- In Finder, open up your Macintosh HD folder
- Press Command+Shift+Dot
- Your hidden files will become visible. Repeat step 2 to hide them again!
- Alternatively, to show hidden files you can execute a Terminal command - see here.
In some cases, after an unsuccessful uninstall attempt, the Systemwide app can still be present and listed as an available audio device in Sound Settings/Audi MIDI Setup. If this is the case, launch the Terminal app (use Cmd+Space to search for it, or locate in Launchpad). Then enter (copy-paste) the following commands into the Terminal window one by one, and hit the Enter key to execute each command. After executing the commands, reboot your Mac to complete the process:
- sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/Sonarworks.kext
- sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/Sonarworks.kext
If you get stuck at any point or have any further questions about the uninstall process, please contact us by submitting a support request below!